Lucario Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rules Updated

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:50 pm by Tadukoo

The rules have received a massive remodeling today.

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» King of the Hill
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptySun Jul 18, 2021 8:35 pm by Tadukoo

» Keep the cheese game
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:51 pm by Tadukoo

» Rules Updated
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:50 pm by Tadukoo

» Questions/Suggestions Rules
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 pm by Tadukoo

» Updates/Announcements/Events Rules
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 6:36 pm by Tadukoo

» My Minecraft Mod Idea
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:11 pm by Tadukoo

» The Christian Usergroup
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 am by Tiger of the Sky

» Christian Songs by Bands That Don't Normally Play Christian Music.
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 am by Tadukoo

» Suggest Pictures to post
The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 pm by Tadukoo

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The End of the world is not May 21, 2011!

2 posters

Go down

The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! Empty The End of the world is not May 21, 2011!

Post by Tadukoo Sat May 21, 2011 5:02 pm

The Rapture Will Not Happen on May 21, 2011!
Harold Camping may claim that the end of the world or the Rapture will happen on May 21, 2011, and he may claim that the Bible has proof of it, but the Bible actually proves the controversial to be true. The Bible proves that he is wrong, just like the other people throughout the years that have made false predictions. Also, some sites have different information about his explanation than others.
For those of you who are currently wondering what the Rapture or the Tribulation is I’ll explain it for you, but for those of you who know what those are; you can just skip this paragraph. The Tribulation is the time when all of the terrible plagues and everything bad happens that’s written in the Book of Revelation in the Bible. This is when all the seal, bowl, and trumpet judgments will happen, which is a time that you don’t want to be around for. The Rapture is described in Revelation 14:14-16-“I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one “like a son of man” with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” 16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.” Now, don’t worry, that doesn’t mean that someone is going to come down on a cloud and kill everyone with his sickle. The “one ‘like a son of man’” is Jesus, and He will come down to earth and take all of His followers away up to heaven. After this, we will have the Tribulation and when the Tribulation ends we will have the Judgment Day, which is when everyone stands before God and answers for their sins and if their name is written in the Book of Life, they will get Eternal Life, but those who aren’t are thrown into the lake of fire. After this is the Millennial Reign of Christ, then the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.
According to one site I found, Harold Camping had predicted that the Rapture would be in September of 1994. Obviously, he predicted this before then, but as you can tell, that didn’t come true. According to the Bible in Deuteronomy when Moses is listing a bunch of God’s rules and commands it says in Deuteronomy 18:21-22-“You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.”-This means that if a prophet makes a prediction that doesn’t come true, you shouldn’t trust any of his predictions. So according to the very same book he claims gave him the date of the Rapture proves him wrong. Is this not enough for you? Well, there’s more.
I went to http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/ on May 19, 2011, which says about Harold Camping’s prediction, and it said that “The Lord has opened up His people’s understanding to the “Biblical calendar” found on the pages of the Bible. The genealogies of the book of Genesis, primarily in chapters 5 and 11, can be shown to be a precise calendar of the history of mankind in this world. The Bible’s calendar of history is completely accurate and trustworthy.
Since this Bible calendar is given by God in His Word, it can be trusted wholeheartedly. In this brief pamphlet, we will share some of the conclusions derived from the Biblical calendar and from other studies in the Scriptures. However, the amount of information available is far too abundant and complex to get into much detail in this short pamphlet; but we can and will give precise and compelling dates. These dates can be trusted entirely because they come right out of the Bible.”-I have tried multiple times to figure out some of the dates of the Bible, such as when Creation happened, and I haven’t been able to figure it out exactly. It went on to list some of these dates that they supposedly figured out: “11,013 BC—Creation. God created the world and man (Adam and Eve).
4990 BC—the flood of Noah’s day. All perished in a worldwide flood. Only Noah, his wife, and his 3 sons and their wives survived in the ark (6023 years from creation).” -I figured out once with some approximations that Creation happened in about 4096 B.C., which the approximations were with Abraham’s birth being in 2150BC (which my Bible said it was around that year), along with a couple other approximations of some unlisted dates in the Bible, but that’s unimportant right now.
I went into Genesis and checked the dates that the site listed for Creation and the Flood. According to Genesis, specifically Genesis chapter 5, it says that Adam was 130 years old when his son Seth was born. Seth was 105 years old when his son Enosh was born. Enosh was 90 years old when his son Kenan was born. Kenan was 70 years old when his son Mahalalel was born. Mahalalel was 65 years old when his son Jared was born. Jared was 162 years old when his son Enoch was born. Enoch was 65 years old when his son Methuselah was born. Methuselah was 187 years old when his son Lamech was born. Lamech was 182 years old when his son Noah was born. According to Genesis 8:13-“By the first day of the first month of Noah’s six hundred and first year, the water had dried up from the earth.” 130+105+90+70+65+162+65+187+182=1056 years after creation when Noah was born. This would mean that if Noah was alive and it was 6023 years after creation when the flood happened that Noah was 4967 years old when the flood happened, but the water had dried up by his 601st year, so it was really 1657 years since creation when the flood ended.
The site went on and said that: “7 BC—the year Jesus Christ was born (11,006 years from creation).
33 AD—the year Jesus Christ was crucified and the church age began (11,045 years from creation; 5023 calendar years from the flood).” According to my Bible, Jesus was born in 4 B. C., not 7, but I know that there is much controversy over when He was born. My Bible also says that Jesus was crucified in 30 A. D., not 33 A. D. (I know there is much controversy over the year of His crucifixion as well), and between 7BC and 33 AD is 39 years; between 4 BC and 30 AD is 33 years, so one of them has to be wrong.
The site goes on even farther to say that Genesis 7:4-“Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.” has two meanings. The first being the true meaning that everyone believes, which is God telling Noah that 7 days from then He will flood the earth. The “spiritual meaning” as the site puts it is that mankind has 7000 years to be saved by Jesus. The website claims that it means this because of 2 Peter 3:6-8-“By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the Day of Judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the LORD a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.” For this, you must take note of the word like. This means that for God a day can seem as long as a thousand years, and a thousand years can seem as long as a day. It goes on saying that the day the flood happened was exactly 7000 years ago on May 21. You must take note that in the same chapter in verse 10 it says: “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief.” This means that no one will expect it when it happens, and no one will know when it will happen, which is also stated in Matthew 24:36-“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”
They later say that: “The Bible teaches that the end of the church age would occur simultaneously with the beginning of the great tribulation:
Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.” I looked at Matthew 24:21 and the text before it in the chapter, and I see nothing involving the end of the church age there.
It later claims that: “All the rest of mankind (billions of people) will be left behind to experience the awful judgment of God, a horrible period of 5 months of torment upon earth:
Revelation 9:3-5 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.” They claim that this verse proves the complete end of the earth will be five months after the Rapture. This verse is just saying how long this one judgment, which involves locusts that are terrible compared to the insects we may have on earth now, during the Tribulation will last.
Oh look they quoted a verse I used earlier to prove them wrong. Somehow they claim that it proves the complete end will be on October 21, 2011: “The Bible describes what will take place on October 21st, 2011 in the following passage:
2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”
One site that I don’t have the url for anymore said that he predicted that on May 21, 2011 there will be a great worldwide earthquake and then the graves will be upset, causing the bodies of the believers that died to be “glorified” and go to heaven, and the bodies of unbelievers to be laying out for everyone to see. In Revelation, the worldwide earthquake and the Rapture are separate, not combined like he is claiming.
Harold Camping claims that it will happen on May 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM because Jesus was crucified on Friday April 1, 33 AD and that because it takes 365.2422 days for the earth to orbit around the Sun that May 21, 2011 is exactly 722, 500 days after Jesus’ crucifixion. He says that this number came from multiplying 5, 10 and 17 together and then squaring it, because 5 represents atonement, 10 represents completeness, and 17 represents heaven. I checked, and the math is correct, but I looked in a Bible Almanac and it said that 5 is an expression of grace, 10 represents law and government, and 17 is not listed in it, but it says that 4 is a symbol of completion in the Bible. I also looked in a Bible Fact Book, and it said that 3, 7, and 10 represent completeness, and it doesn’t list 5 or 17. According to the site where I saw these claims of his (this site was trying to prove him wrong, by the way), it said that April 1, 33AD is actually a Wednesday, not a Friday, April 1 is counted twice, and it also asked Why is the Crucifixion and Rapture linked?, Why do the numbers represent those things?, Why are the numbers multiplied together?, and Why is it squared at the end?
From this site it also said that he claimed we’re in the Great Tribulation now. From all I ever heard about it, during the Great Tribulation we have a one world government and a one world religion. How do those tie in to now? If we’re in the Great Tribulation, we should be seeing a bunch of signs. Revelation 6:4-“Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other.”- This is a seal judgment that means that there will be no peace and the world will be full of war, and it could be said that it’s true, since there’s war now. Revelation 6:8 says: “They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.” This means that a fourth of the world’s population will die from war, famine, plague, and by wild animals. For both of these listed judgments, they were describing angels that had special powers to cause creatures on earth to do evil things. This verse some could argue has happened or not. According to Revelation 6:12-“There was a great earthquake. The Sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,” this verse tells of an event that I know has not happened. Unless I was blind or unconscious or something, I never saw a black sun or a blood red moon.
In the Bible there are multiple verses warning against these false predictions, such as Luke 21:8 where Jesus is speaking: “He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them.”-Which means that people will come claiming that God sent them and that the end of the world is coming and that you shouldn’t listen to them. Deuteronomy 18:21-22 was mentioned earlier as well. In Acts Jesus speaks again in chapter 1 verse 7: “He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by His own authority.” -This means that no one will know when the end will come until it happens. Also, in Matthew Jesus says that we must always be prepared for the Rapture to come in chapter 24 verse 44: “So you must also be ready, because the Son of Man will come at a time when you do not expect Him.”-This also means that it will happen when no one expects it to happen. Also, Jesus tells us that there is no verse or section of the Bible that will not come true or not apply according to Matthew 5:18-“I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.” According to Proverbs 19:5, anyone who is a false witness will get punished for it eventually: “A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will not go free.” According to Proverbs 21:28, no one should listen to a false prophet or be punished as well: “A false witness will perish, and whoever listens to him will be destroyed forever.”
At school on May 20, 2011, I heard many people talking about the End of the World coming tomorrow, and I was surprised, especially since most of them don’t believe the Bible, so why do they believe something that someone supposedly took from the Bible? Some of them said that the world will end by fire or by a great flood. I assumed that they got the flood from the 7000 years from the Flood thing, which doesn’t add up because in Genesis 9:14-15 God says He will never flood the earth again: “Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.” And I assumed they got the destroyed by fire thing from: “The Bible describes what will take place on October 21st, 2011 in the following passage:
2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”, which does not say that the earth will be destroyed by fire on the day of the rapture. This verse just means that the end of the world will come on a day no one expects it, and that on some day after the Rapture, the earth will be destroyed by fire, which is shown in 2 Peter 3:6-8 to be true. Or they could believe it will be destroyed by fire because of: “The website claims that it means this because of 2 Peter 3:6-8-“By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the Day of Judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the LORD a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.””, which just means that the earth will be destroyed by fire on the Day of Judgment, which is a day separate from the date of the Rapture, so it doesn’t make sense.
So, this prediction of May 21, 2011 being the Rapture is just like all the other 219 predictions of the world’s end, which are listed at www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm. The Bible proves it to be wrong, they made some math mistakes, and the Rapture will definitely not happen then.

I would've posted this yesterday, but I forgot.
Tadukoo
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

https://lucario.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! Empty Re: The End of the world is not May 21, 2011!

Post by pokenutter Mon May 23, 2011 9:15 pm

And for those who play the Teal Deer card, nobody knows when the world is actually going to end.
pokenutter
pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/member.php?u=24270

Back to top Go down

The End of the world is not May 21, 2011! Empty Re: The End of the world is not May 21, 2011!

Post by Tadukoo Mon May 23, 2011 10:17 pm

what?
Tadukoo
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 am

Oftentimes, trolls will respond to a body of work like this with "tl;dr," which means, "Too long; didn't read." Sometimes, they'll change it up with a shopped image of a teal deer.
pokenutter
pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo Fri May 27, 2011 7:32 pm

wow, that's stupid.
Tadukoo
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter Fri May 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Really? I thought it was actually very clever.
pokenutter
pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo Fri May 27, 2011 11:17 pm

oh well, but did you hear Harold Camping's explanation of why no one disappeared on Saturday?
Tadukoo
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter Sat May 28, 2011 9:41 am

Yes. It's because he "miscalculated." Same as he did in 1994.
pokenutter
pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 pm

that's not what I read. I read that this time he "misinterpreted", he says that Judgment Day did happen, just invisibly. Apparently God decided who goes where on May 21 and the world will end in October and everyone will go where was decided on May 21 no matter what. That's just really stupid.
Tadukoo
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter Sat May 28, 2011 8:54 pm

He's just changing his story now. All we really need to know at this point s that "Man knoweth not the day nor the hour."
pokenutter
pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo Mon May 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Is that the KJV? I usually use the NIV which is "No one knows about that day or hour" and that's just half of the verse.
Tadukoo
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 am

I'm not sure which version. I'm actually quoting off of the internet.
pokenutter
pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo Tue May 31, 2011 9:52 pm

oh, well it seems like KJV. But that is the simplest explanation, unfortunately, most people say that the Bible isn't true, even though they believe the prediction.
Tadukoo
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum