Rules Updated

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:50 pm by Tadukoo

The rules have received a massive remodeling today.

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» King of the Hill
Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:54 pm by Tadukoo

» Keep the cheese game
Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:51 pm by Tadukoo

» Rules Updated
Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:50 pm by Tadukoo

» Questions/Suggestions Rules
Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 pm by Tadukoo

» Updates/Announcements/Events Rules
Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:36 pm by Tadukoo

» My Minecraft Mod Idea
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:11 pm by Tadukoo

» Random
Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 am by Tadukoo

» The Christian Usergroup
Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 am by Tiger of the Sky

» Christian Songs by Bands That Don't Normally Play Christian Music.
Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 am by Tadukoo

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Intel Video Cards Are Stupid!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Intel Video Cards Are Stupid!

Post by Tadukoo on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:47 am

First thing you might be thinking right now is: "How does this relate to Minecraft?" Well, anyone who ever played Minecraft would know that it's a 3D game. If you don't and you played it before, you should see a therapist or something. I went to my friend's house, and he showed me Minecraft while I was there. The first time I was there I either watched him play it or I played his Wii. The next time I went to his house, I saw it again and when I went home that time I tried downloading it. I realized you are supposed to pay money for it, but I didn't want to, so I went and looked up how to get it for free. I downloaded something, and I got this error:

Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 7/21/11 1:41 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.6.6
Java: 1.6.0_26, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:287)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:683)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 1690d099 ----------

At first, I thought it was an error with the version of Minecraft I downloaded, so the next time I went to my friend's house I took it from him and put it on a thumbdrive to bring it to my house. I got the same error, so I looked up how to fix it. None of the ways to fix it worked, so I gave up for then. Sometime after that, my friend came to my house and Minecraft wouldn't work right on his computer, so I looked up how to fix it on his, and it worked then, and I began searching to get it to work on mine again. Sometime after he left, I figured out that the issue was with my Video Card. I discovered that Intel Video Cards aren't designed to run 3D games. The only way to get an Intel Video Card to work with Minecraft is 1. Get a hacked Video Driver if you have an Intel 900x Card. 2. Have an Intel HD Card (I think the newest Card) I have an Intel (R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation), so it won't work. I am going to get a laptop in approximately a year that it will work on.

Very Happy Smile Sad Shocked Cool Laughing Surprised Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol! :CH: :MH: :Bowser: :Captain Falcon: :Crono: :Diddy Kong: :Donkey Kong: :Falco: :Fox: :Kirby: :Knuckles: :Link: :Lloyd: :75: :76: :77: :78: :79: :80: :81: :82: :83: :84: :85: :86: :87: :88: :89: :90: :91: :92: :93:
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

View user profile http://lucario.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Intel Video Cards Are Stupid!

Post by EVIL! on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:34 pm

I have the same issue! It really annoys me!

EVIL!
Just starting out

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:21 am

Yes! Someone who agrees! Time to make a new Usergroup: Intel Video Card Haters

Very Happy Smile Sad Shocked Cool Laughing Surprised Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol! :CH: :MH: :Bowser: :Captain Falcon: :Crono: :Diddy Kong: :Donkey Kong: :Falco: :Fox: :Kirby: :Knuckles: :Link: :Lloyd: :75: :76: :77: :78: :79: :80: :81: :82: :83: :84: :85: :86: :87: :88: :89: :90: :91: :92: :93:
Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:30 pm

You know what I'm going to suggest for your next laptop. Shall I say it for the benefit of everyone else here?

I survived the Porygon Episode. If you watched the episode and did not get a seizure, post this in your signature.
pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

View user profile http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/member.php?u=24270

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:05 am

Let me guess, A MAC! Well, something I don't understand is that aacarl has a laptop with an intel video card. Minecraft works for him.

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 am

The MacBook Air is cheapest, in case you wanted to know.

I survived the Porygon Episode. If you watched the episode and did not get a seizure, post this in your signature.
pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:39 pm

how much is it?

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 am

An 11-inch 64GB memory MacBook Air is $999. It's video card specs are "Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 256MB ($999.00 model) or 384MB ($1,199.00 model) of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory." It's an intel chip, yes, but it's what I have.

pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:39 pm

It's an Intel HD card, that means minecraft works on it. But I don't want to pay $1,000 for a laptop. According to my dad, windows laptops are currently $300 or close to that.

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 pm

But as someone who has run a Windows laptop, they're cheap and inefficient. Is there a Linux Minecraft?

pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm pretty sure you can play minecraft on windows, mac, and linux, just the launcher is a different file type. But I don't like Mac or Linux, I only want Windows. satan(user on the forum) agrees with me about that,

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:24 pm

lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 am

what lol?

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:52 am

Tadukoo wrote:I'm pretty sure you can play minecraft on windows, mac, and linux, just the launcher is a different file type. But I don't like Mac or Linux, I only want Windows. satan(user on the forum) agrees with me about that,

Linux will give you virus protection comparable to a Mac, and everything's free.

pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:37 pm

I don't care, I abhor Linux. Mac is like exactly in the middle, I don't hate it, I don't like it.

And once before you told me that Macs have no viruses, spyware, or anything like that. I was told by pretty much everyone else that that's not true.

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 am

It's no longer true, but there are so few Mac viruses that it's negligible.

pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 pm

what does negligible mean? and when will you read&reply to my email and my pm?

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:06 pm

I'll get to that eventually. And negligible, as quoted form my computer's dictionary, means "so small or unimportant as to be not worth considering; insignificant."

pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:20 am

ok.

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 am

Seriously, though; consider Mac or Ubuntu. You won't be disappointed.

pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:35 pm

No. I don't want to.

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Fine, as long as you're okay with the shoddy craftsmanship associated with Microsoft. Seriously, did you now that Japanese retailers are refusing to sell the 360 because of how unreliable it is? That's Microsoft's most popular product in the states. Take from that what you will.

pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:34 pm

You mean the xbox 360? Because that's all of I know of as 360.

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by pokenutter on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Yes, the Xbox 360.

pokenutter
Padmé Amidala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tadukoo on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:02 pm

ok. can you go to LFA again?

Tadukoo
Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top